The Mission Commission
The purpose of the Mission Commission is to engage the parish in the proclamation of the Gospel and the advancement of the Kingdom of Jesus Christ around the world.
We welcome you to the missions ministries at St. Mark’s. These ministries focus on sharing the good news of Jesus Christ in a variety of ways with people who have not heard or yet responded to His love. On this part of the church website you will find information about our commission and the ministries and people that we directly support with our prayers, offerings, and time. We pray that you will find this information helpful and encouraging and that it will prompt you to support the work of the Church throughout the world.
Do you have a heart for missions? If you have an interest in exploring how you might serve in this area, please contact the church office for further information.
Current Mission Commission Members
- Bob Wright (Chairman)
- Marilyn Franklin (Secretary)
- John Carlson
- Karen Sizer
- Heidi Swanson
- Sheri Leisure
- Scott Beall (Vestry)
Missionaries We Support Directly
To learn more about any missionary, click on the name or project to link to further information so you are able to pray more specifically for the missionary or the ministry.
- The Rev. Christopher Royer, Anglican Frontier Missions
- Mike and Sonja Bowden, The Evangelical Alliance Mission – TEAM
- Anglican Frontier Missions: East Asia
- Betsy Hake: Honduras, Jericho Ministries
Mike and Erin K.: Middle East
- Todd and Patsy McGregor: Madagascar, SAMS (Diocese of Toliara)
- Alonso Gerardo Martinez: Honduras, Diocese of Honduras
- Mark and Tammy Ruch: Philippines, Wycliffe Bible Translators
- Russ and Heidi Smith: Chile, South American Mission Society – SAMS
- South American Missionary Society (SAMS): South America
- Christian Aid Mission
The Mission Commission’s vision is to see St. Markers in joyful obedience to God’s plan for all peoples in all places.
To see–St. Mark’s as a place where members are regularly taught, challenged, encouraged, and enabled to gratefully respond to God’s Great Commission
Joyful obedience–willing participation in giving, sending, praying, going, and partnering in strategic opportunities
God’s plan–to make disciples and build God’s church
All peoples in all places–where Christ is not known and the Church is not near