Events and Signups at St. Mark’s Church: What’s going on? Do I need to register? Where can I sign up? Find out everything we’re up to.
150th Celebration Weekend April 27-29
All of the details are on the 150th Celebration page. Be sure to sign up for the Celebration Party and the Family Square Dance by Sunday, April 22.
Anniversary 150th Celebration Party, 6:30 pm Register by Sunday, April 22
- Choral Matins, 7:30 am, chapel
- Unveiling Historic Register plaque and City Proclamation by Mayor Burns, 9:00 am, chapel
- Presentations of history, art, and mural restoration with separate historical games and activities for children, 10:00 am, chapel and gathering area
- Church campus open for visitors to look through historical displays, visit with friends, meditate or pray in the chapel, church, or gardens, noon–5:00 pm.
- Worship Service, circa 1868, 5:00 pm, chapel
- Family Square Dance and Pizza Party, 6:00 pm, fellowship hall Register by Sunday, April 22
Worship Services–The Rt. Rev. Bishop Lee visits, C. Latimer 150th Anniversary Anthem premier 8:00 am, chapel; 9:00 am, church; 10:30 am, church.
ASP Mission Support
Can’t join the team of youth and adults traveling to Eastern Kentucky to rebuild homes for the under-resourced? Instead, you can join the team that supports ASP from behind the scenes. Supporting ASP in Five Easy Ways
St. Mark’s Choir
We are the adult choir of St. Mark’s of Geneva, and we worship God with our voices. We welcome all who have a voice with which to praise God, college age through senior citizens, amateurs and professionals.
Accept this invitation by contacting Paul Grizzell by Easter season presents a perfect opportunity for joining in now. Rehearsals are on Wednesdays 7:00—8:30 pm and 8:00 am Sunday for the 9:00 and 10:30 am services.
Jesus and Me (JAM) Singers
For the younger singers of our parish, we have the JAM Singers (second through eighth grade). They sing at worship on the first Sunday of the month and rehearse on Sundays at 10:45 am. They make a joyful noise! For more information and to sign up contact Paul Grizzell, Director of Worship Arts, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Musicians Needed For The Saturday Service
Seeking musicians, teenagers or adults, to help lead worship. We worship with a range of music including new worship songs (think Hillsong or Bethel Music), hymns (that work well with guitar), and Taizé pieces. We usually practice before the service at 4:0 pm in the chapel. If you would like to try it out, contact the Saturday night worship leader Brian Miller at email@example.com.
Low-Key Volunteer Opportunities
- Security Team: Check over and secure the building each evening for a week, on an approximate 2-month rotation. Please contact John Temple, firstname.lastname@example.org, 630.606.0074.
- Audio Visual: Control lights, sound, and recordings during 10:30 worship. Please contact Sally Gradle, email@example.com, 630.632.5671.
- Prodigal Café needs your help. Additional bakers and hosts are needed to serve on a rotating schedule. Please contact Ashley Cramer, firstname.lastname@example.org