Saturday Night BBQ is back!
Worship at 5:00, BBQ at 6:00 on the lawn, through August 26. St. Mark’s will provide the meat. Come along with a dish to pass, and a blanket or chair to sit on. This is so much fun when we all come together to create great community. Contact Pastor Claudia, email@example.com.
- Security Team: Check over and secure the building each evening for a week, on an approximate 2-month rotation. Please contact John Temple, firstname.lastname@example.org, 630.606.0074.
- Audio Visual: Control lights, sound, and recordings during 10:30 worship. Please contact Sally Gradle, email@example.com, 630.632.5671.
Special Evening Prayer Services
Join us in the chapel at 6:00 pm for these special services.
- Tuesday, August 15, in celebration of The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Thursday, August 24, in celebration of St. Bartholomew the
Sunday School Registration
Sunday school resumes on September 10 at 9:00 am in the gathering room downstairs. The children’s area has been refreshed over the summer, and the teachers are all very excited for the coming Sunday school year. Register here so we can all be ready. Children and youth will all register with the same form.
Blessing Of The Backpacks
This year we will be blessing our students’ backpacks on August 20 in two ways:
- Be Blessed: Have your child bring his or her backpack to church for a beginning-of-the-schoolyear blessing
- Bless others: Bring a new backpack to church to donate to the CASA Kane County 2017 Backpack Drive. Fill with supplies if you’d like to add to the blessing.
Sunday Program Registration
Evan has been very busy getting ready for this year. The youth Sunday programs begin on September 10 in the youth rooms (rectory basement for junior high, chapel undercroft for the senior high). Don’t miss out! Youth program registration is here. Children and youth can all be registered with the same form.